Exceptional Pre-war tone color!

Harmonizing with the old Rebetiko era !

As I am waiting the final recording of the unique Erivan, played by a professional and famous musician, on the other hand, the Pre-war style trichordo made by the talented luthier Stelios Tsilimigkas, ( https://steliostsilimigkas.wixsite.com/luthier) proves its exceptional sound quality by showcasing its unique pre-war timbre.

I have played few other pre-war style bouzouki and I have to admit that each one of them had a unique and beautiful sound. But this last one has really won over my heart.

Woody,  crisp, clear, with amazing sustain, and a beautiful sweet chromatic scale, this three course bouzouki harmonizes so beautifully with the old recordings.

I took my phone and recorded a very quick sample of its sound abilities, even though on this take. I play hitting my pick very softly.

Κάβουρας - Ο ζωντανός ο χωρισμός
Συνθέτης: Αλέκος Φακίνος
Στιχουργός: Γιώργος Πετροπουλέας
Έτος ηχογρ. 1939



Comments

Popular Posts