The Birds

Inspired by a master luthier !

Couple of weeks ago I was searching the internet trying to find inspiration on unique bouzouki decorations.
In the past year I have generated approximately 100 new bouzouki decorative designs, mostly carrying flower themes

Few of the designs are inspired by other themes as nautical subjects, and even less in number inspired by traditional art, butterflies, and ancient Greek history.

During almost 10 years designing bouzouki themes, I have created only two (2) designs with a bird theme.

When my eyes fell upon master luthier, Andreas Dellio's ( Organopoieio.gr ) latest bouzouki creation, which carries a beautiful bird theme, I instantly remembered  how relative to music and extremely attractive is using bird themes as a decorative element for the bouzouki's pick-guard.

Andrea's bouzouki inspired me to sit down and for first time after long time , (using my digital tools), to create a  unique bird-theme decoration which is "hovering"  in style between the traditional byzantine painting techniques, and the paintings of Vitzento Kornaro....A design which now is  tormenting  my mind "screaming internally for justice" and a chance to be materialized!

Here is Andreas Dellio's beautiful bouzouki creation which caused me this unexpected inspiration.

Andrea's bowl is made by maple and old eucalyptus woods (for the staves), and padauk wood (for the side capping strips).

The pick-guard decoration is made by white New Zealand's  natural sea shell.





Comments

Popular Posts