An unexpected trip

Racing against time!

Giannis sent me today, two more photos from the finished bowl. He carefully cleaned it , scraped and sanded it. Small strips of paper have been glued across the stave connections to reinforce the bowl construction, as the luthier is following the traditional technique, which requires no additional paper lining.

He also informed me that, he carved and prepared the furrow for the wooden marquetry decoration around the sound-hole.

At the same time, I took the decision, to visit my family in Greece for a period of 2 weeks, and have also the opportunity to meet finally in person with my luthier at his workshop. I am very excited for the upcoming trip, but also racing against time, to recover my sprain ankle injury, which needs to heal before the next week's overseas trip.






Comments

Popular Posts