Ithaca

And the journey of the sound!

For the last two weeks Giannis had kept me in great suspense.Finally two photos in my inbox today, released my curiosity and gave me the opportunity for first time, to have a complete idea of my instrument's aesthetics.
.



Luthier has finished sanding all elements, and tomorrow he will apply the varnish, enhancing the beauty of the old woods. Finally, the installation of frets, tuners and the creation of bridge, bone and tale piece, will follow.

If my patience was under test until today, the fact that the final day of my bouzouki sound is approaching, has set me on the edge!
But through this beautiful journey I re-discover the meaning of Konstantinos Kavafis' (April 29, 1863 – April 29, 1933) poem, "Ithaca"

"Keep Ithaca always in your mind.
Arriving there is what you're destined for.
But don't hurry the journey at all.
Better if it lasts for years,
so you're old by the time you reach the island,
wealthy with all you've gained on the way,
not expecting Ithaca to make you rich."

Konstantinos P. Kavafis,1911



Comments

Popular Posts